Patients experiencing common conditions such as bone pain or the inability to heal from an injury will want to take the time to learn more about the benefits of working with an orthopedist. There are many reasons why a patient might seek help from one of these doctors, especially those at Orthopedic Associates of Long Island. Our doctors are here to assists patients who need specialized care.
What is an orthopedic specialist’s duty?
An orthopedist is a specific area of medicine that focuses on the musculoskeletal system. This includes the diagnosis and treatment of issues that impact the:
There are many bones and muscles throughout the body, and when patients experience a sprain, tear, or disconnect, it can result in pain and discomfort. This then impacts an individual’s ability to perform certain tasks or get through their day-to-day activities. By visiting an orthopedist, patients can find solutions to common concerns and do so in a way that is monitored by a professional.
What are common reasons why a patient might seek the assistance of an orthopedist?
- To help reduce pain levels due to conditions and injuries
- To improve overall range of motion and movement in impacted areas
- To make it easier to help patients perform every day tasks and activities
- To treat injuries that have occurred to the body
- To help patients prevent injuries with education and care instructions
- To treat certain musculoskeletal conditions that can impact the body, including osteoporosis and arthritis
- To help patients assess their condition and determine if surgery is required to fix the problem at hand
- To provide a range of treatments that are surgical and nonsurgical
- To offer education to patients in ways to help them cope with certain conditions during the treatment process
- To provide a second opinion when patients are concerned about previous recommendations from other providers
Discuss your needs with an orthopedist today!
At Orthopedic Associates of Long Island, patients can obtain the best possible care to help them function better and reduce pain and discomfort associates with many injuries or conditions. If you are interested in working with a provider at our practice, we strongly encourage you to call (631) 689-6698 to request an appointment at any one of our seven convenient locations. We can assist you with your needs and help you get back into the game!